Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Wailing Wall

I went to see the movie "The secret life of bees" it was interesting and strange on many levels. There was a character / sub-plot that grabbed me...I believe the characters name was Ms. May, she had lost her twin-sister to death and since that time was never "right" mentally. The members of her house hold came up with a way to release her pain when it became to much of a burden for her...Ms. May would go to the back-yard and write down her pain/sorrow on a piece of paper, fold it up and stick it into the man-made stone wall...a mini version of the wailing wall in Jerusalem. This scene in the movie struck me because in March of 2005 I did this very act. I stood at the wailing wall in Jerusalem at about 1am and wrote private matters on to paper and placed them in the cracks of the literal wailing wall. I was about five weeks pregnant with Zachary and did not know it. For the last three years the wailing wall has been a theme of my life a symbol of my own journey, so you can imagine the flood of emotions that washed over me in the movie theater not prepared for the message sent to me. As a new year approaches and a new chapter of life unfolds I read a quote today that sums up the last three years and the choice to walk forward with the Friend that is my past, my present and my future...the quote read:
"Make your wailing wall your throne of praise, overcome those things that have overcome you."
There is eternal life in Christ and eternity starts...NOW! Blessings for 2009 and beyond.

No comments: